Effectiveness on material sourcing in relation with the Company's Supply Chain
to achieve continuous material & service supply in co-relation with
Employ the right contract to serve its purpose and optimize pull flow
contract to reduce contract liability
Coordinate and execute demand management, supplier capability and
supplier evaluation to ensure timely order fulfilment with best quality, cost,
delivery and service performance.
Authorized to source and place purchase order to selected/qualified
suppliers aligned with Cohu supplier development strategy.
Authorized to send drawings to NDA signed suppliers.
Authorized to “flag” for any suppliers that incompetent to meet the Company's requirements.
Alert Procurement Manager on any emergency situation, including any
scrupulous act which potentially interrupt business continuity.
Direct and indirect material sourcing for the Company.
- Sourcing on new commodity code accordingly : ZRaw, ZMac, ZFab, Indirect,
- Perform regular market watch and internal needs analysis & Trigger Strategic
Sourcing if new supplier is required
- Negotiatie with selected supplier for part best offer with part premium quality
- Consolidate cost savings and provide reporting for area of responsibility
- Manage service support on demand of : Fast Track, Modification Job, etc
Supplier Relationship Management
- Work in collaboration with supplier(s) for defined improvement projects &
product family analysis for long-term supply partnership
Supplier Evaluation (Business Review)
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Quality in data collection to determine
suppliers’ performance in terms of Quality, Cost, Delivery and Sevices
- Work in collaboration with Industrialization for Engineering Changes and
coordinate with various suppliers for required modifications
Supplier Database Maintenance
- Update and maintain Purchasing Info Record and Source list based on
element of Quality, Cost & Delivery critieria
Be a Coach to Purchasers
- Support Purchasers for critical negotiations & competencies on cost & lead time
Focus on continuous improvement on overall supply chain activities
- Determine ways to improve lead-time through sourcing, eg: tooling rough, etc.
- Determine ways to minimise safety inventory level while providing high
product availability, eg: contract management with supplier, etc.
Any other adhoc assignment according to business needs